Beginner Poi Fire Dancing Boot camp
Due to Covid-19, as of March 14, in person boot camp options are suspended until further notice.
For those looking for a poi fire dancing emersion program starting from no skills and jumping to performance ready, consider this Beginning Poi Fire Dancing Boot Camp program. Our minmum goal in this program is to create a strong enough foundation for the artist that at the end of the boot camp, a student could, on his/her own perform casually in front of their friends. Through this ongoing relationship, we deepen the practice on all levels — body, mind, expression, technique, comprehensive, confidence and safety. This 7 month program includes the following classes, workshops and materials:
- Beginner Poi Moves:
- 6 80 minute sessions teaching the “fundamental alphabet of poi”
- List: $180
- Beginner Poi Dance
- 4 80 minute sessions teaching the “composition of poi”
- List: $120
- Beginner Poi Dancing Class Video Series
- 56 minutes of video education reinforcing the “composition of poi”
- List: $30
- Beginner Poi Fire
- 4 80 minute sessions teaching the “ignition of poi”
- List: $120
- 15 additional 80 minute classes of material from the intermediate/advanced curriculum for “expanding the alphabet of poi”
- List: $525
- Video lessons from our intermediate/advanced curriculum for expanding the “alphabet of poi” as well as the “compositions of poi”
- choose from $48 in video lessons from the Temple of Poi on line store or up to 3 personalized flow videos lessons (discounted rate of $16 each) with a combined total of $48 in value
- our 2 hour Archer DVD video lesson DVD ($12)
- List: $60
- Private Sessions with GlitterGirl
- 2 half hour sessions
- List: $140
How it Works
Over a period of roughly 7 months (some students complete in 5, some in 8, depending on the season of the year and schedule compatibility), students sign up for the classes above (by contacting GlitterGirl) as the classes become available and fit the student’s schedule much like an a la carte menu. Regardless of how many courses are being attended a week or how quickly students complete the curriculum, payments are spread out over 7 months in even payments of $125. The first payment is paid via the link below and subsequent monthly payments are due in CASH on the 15th of each month either paid to the class instructor or in an envelope in cash slipped through the door at the Temple of Poi studio.
Classes are generally scheduled between 6 and 10 Monday thru Wednesday and sometimes Thursday and all classes are held in our San Francisco studios in SOMA. As of Fall 2012, classes are held either in our main studio (953 Mission Street, Suite 11 between 5th and 6th streets) or at Lines Ballet (26 7th Street between Mission and Market). We work with our client’s to create our class schedule in a way that works for them to the degree that this is possible.
Please note, as of Fall 2017, all intermediate sessions are Tuesdays at 8 PM at Lines Ballet.
Try Before You Buy!
Students who have registered for the Beginner Poi Moves series may switch into the boot camp before they take the Beginner Dance Class series. Students who do this may join for a longer boot camp at a lower payment rate.
Retail value of this program is $1175 but if you sign up for the full program, you receive a 25% discount of $300 with the full program costing $125 per month for 7 months.
*Terms and Conditions… aka The Fine Print:
- The first payment of $125 is due on line on or before the first day of the Beginner Moves class.
- Each additional payment of $125 are due in cash on the 15th of each month either paid to the class instructor or in an envelope in cash slipped through the door at the Temple of Poi studio.
- Students have up to 8 months from the date of first class to fulfill the credits of this agreement.
- Tuition does not include additional gear (practice poi are available for an additional $10), costumes, fuel, insurance and other expenses fire dancers may incur.
- All payments are due even if students misses classes or drops the series under all circumstances.
- Makeup sessions are available for an additional discounted fee of $25 to join a slot in an open class (as available), a discounted $125/hour for a private session and $150/hour total for 2 – 3 people; 1/2 hour private sessions may also be used as makeup sessions
- This program price may not be combined with any other discounts
- Students must sign a contract agreeing to these terms which will shown to you the first night of sessions after you sign up for the boot camp
- As with college, if students miss a session unexpectedly (i.e., sickness, emergency, airport delay, etc.) the class continues with out them and the student is responsible for making up missed material on their own
To schedule your sessions and/or if you have any questions or concerns or wish to discuss this boot camp in more detail, please email glittergirl at templeofpoi daught com or call us at 415.543.4911.
Please note all payments are non refundable and nontransferable.
last update: 20170016