This is a mixed level class for those looking to level up their transitions and explore new ways of moving. Topics will include:
- Under the leg
- Plane breaking
- and more!
This class is loads of fun and is highly recommended for intermediate and advanced students who want to take their skills to the next level.
Join us for this 4 week series meeting 4 Tuesdays, 8 PM, December 3, 10, 17 and completes January 14, 2020 at Lines Ballet, 26 7th Street, 5th Floor, studio 4. (Please note this class was originally scheduled to start in November and was pushed to a December start date.) Tuition is $120 for the full series or $35 drop in per class, one intermediate credit in the beginner boot camp package.
NOTE: this class will require poi suitable for tossing and, if students wish to work on orbitals, with swivels as well. We recommend these LED poi for those who don’t have them already as they allow for tosses and can be used for light shows as well and are all kinds of fun. Be sure to select the knob option when ordering, or, if you own the poi already, simply order the knobs separately. You will also need a swivel if you want to work on the orbital tangle which will, for newer models, require a floop and swivel attachment. We recommend you get these swivels.
This class will be held in a huge studio with high ceilings. The series is a mixed level class where we will start with a basic concept and continue to build on it throughout each class and the series overall. Students are invited to take the class at their own pace and we adjust the material to accommodate each student’s needs. This series will continue to expand on the concepts by working with turns and combinations that integrate the recently acquired transitions. Remember, each class will have material for all levels and will build so students can pick up move and combinations at their own pace. It is recommended that students:
- be able to do independent hand stalls
- can balance on one leg while lifting the other
- wear loose fitting cloths
- prepare to be active, agile and do core movements
As a reminder, this and all classes at Temple of Poi are taught with the Flowology Mindset practiced rigorously.
The following videos provides a set of examples of the type of material we will cover.
Can’t make the live class? Get a video download here including all this material:
- Students are welcome to bring a video camera to record sessions for personal use only. They may NOT be distributed to others, including your fellow students (without prior authorization of your instructor), in any way, nor posted on the internet or sold.
- You will need to have your own practice poi, or you can purchase a set from us.
- Practice poi, if you need them, are available for $20 cash
- Join our mailing list here and keep up to date on classes, events, performances, jams as well as articles and videos to support your learning.
- Enjoy free lessons at YouTube.com/GlitterGirlPoi.
- Want to teach a friend how to poi? Pass it on — they can get a free download of our 20 minute corkscrew lesson here at GotFireDancing.com.
- Invest in your own video library through our paid for videos in our Beginner Poi Video Lesson Library, Beginner Poi 5.5 Hour Video Course, Intermediate Courses, and Individual Lessons.
Tuition is one of the following:
- save $20 — register for the full series for $120 with your 50% deposit using registration link below or
- $35 cash at the door per night drop-in if space allows or
- 1 intermediate credit on the beginner boot camp package for each night attended or
This series only!
Provide your $60 deposit for tuition (non refundable but transferrable with 8 days notice) to register now, $60 due in cash the first night of class.
Join the Boot Camp!
For students who have completed the Beginner Poi Moves series and are looking to dive deeper into the practice, join our 7 month boot camp program with your first of 7 non refundable payments of $100 here. By clicking this link you agree to make 7 payments of $100 regardless of your attendance at each session. The first payment may be made using this link on or before November 19, 2019. The additional 6 payments are due in cash directly to GlitterGirl or through the mail slot at Temple of Poi by the 15th of each month from December, 2019 until and including May 15, 2020. This payment is non refundable. (Note: All deposits are non refundable!)
Some scholarships available, though students seeking scholarship are strongly encouraged to consider our boot camp to get discounted rates. Please inquire with GlitterGirl directly (GlitterGirl TempleOfPoi com) for details.