Have you ever felt like your same direction repertoire is more extensive than your opposite direction moves? If so, this course is for you. This four-week series focuses on working in opposite direction on the front, back, side, floor and ceiling planes with various moves including:
- thread the needle
- opposite direction weaves (aka, butterfly weave; aka impossible weave)
- and more!
This is a series and some material will build from week to week. Please check with GlitterGirl if you wish to drop in to classes 3 or 4 without prior attendance. Here’s a preview video of the class.
This session will run 8 pm Tuesdays March 28, April 4, 11 and 18, 2017 at Lines Ballet (26 7th Street, 5th floor, studio 4). Tuition is one of the following:
- $35 cash at the door per night drop-in if space allows or
- 1 intermediate credit on the beginner boot camp package for each night attended or
- $120 total for all 4 classes in the series
Register for this series starting March 28, 2017 and pay $60 non refundable deposit, with $60 due in cash on March 28, 2017.
Some scholarships available, please inquire with GlitterGirl directly (GlitterGirl
TempleOfPoi com) for details.
This class is loads of fun and is highly recommended for advanced beginner through advanced students who want to add more depth to their opposite direction skills and add some fun combinations to their repertoire.
As a reminder, this and all classes at Temple of Poi are taught with the Flowology Mindset practiced rigorously.
- Students are encouraged to bring a video camera to record during the note taking portion of each class to create video notes for personal use only. They may NOT be distributed to others, including your fellow students (without prior authorization of your instructor), in any way, nor posted on the internet nor sold.
- You will need to have your own practice poi, or you can purchase a set from us.
- Practice poi, if you need them, are available for $10 cash made by GlitterNova.
- Join our mailing list here and keep up to date on classes, events, performances, jams as well as articles and videos to support your learning.
- Enjoy free lessons at YouTube.com/GlitterGirlPoi.
- Want to teach a friend how to poi? Pass it on — they can get a free download of our 20 minute corkscrew lesson here at GotFireDancing.com.
- Invest in your own video library through our paid for videos in our Beginner Poi Video Lesson Library, Beginner Poi 5.5 Hour Video Course, Intermediate Courses, and Individual Lessons.