This class is a mixed level class designed for the beginner, advanced beginner and early intermediate hooper/hoopstress. This 80 minute session is a mixed level class teaching drills, exercises and tricks designed to improve the artists overall hoop performance flow. The instructor guides students through the learning process, breaking down the moves and offering analysis of the hoop movement to reduce the learning curve.
Join us for this drop-in hoop session Tuesday, 3.21 at Lines Ballet, 26 7th Street, 5th Floor, studio 4. Tuition is $40 at the door or $35 paid in advance on line. Class will be held at Lines Ballet, 26 7th Street, 5th floor from 8 – 9:20 PM.
The material covered is customized each session for each student and class sizes are limited to ensure each student gets enough time with the instructor. The material covered will help you increase your hoops skills and flow as you develop your unique hoop style.
To maximize the value of these classes, class size is small and each student receives individual focus from the instructors. Each of the classes meets for 80 minutes and is divided into the following class structure:
- 10-15 min: warm up, assessment, request
- 55-60 min: new move clinic, individual work, drills, practice
- 5 min: review, homework, cool down
Students who register can review these videos and make requests by emailing the URL of the video clip as well as the time code of the move or moves you’re interested in exploring in class.
My hooping is so juvenile compared to my poi but I was pleased to go 2 for 2 on the shoulder duck out at the end. Haven't hooped for a while. Felt good to #returntothepractice . . . . . . . . . . . . #Templeofpoi #poi #firedancing #performerlife #lifeasart #flowarts #bosswitch #flowlife #yogagirl #practicemakesprogress #poipriestess #foreverstudent #hoopdance #hooping #flownation #bodypositive #bodypositivemovement #bodypositiveyoga #flownation #crosstrain #curvyyogis #bodypositivebabe #bodyPOIsitive #bethechangeyouwanttosee #resist #makeamericagreatagain #maga
Students should be able to maintain the hoop around their waist for at least 5 minutes. Students need not know any tricks with the hoop to feel comfortable in this class.
- Students are welcome to bring a video camera to record sessions for personal use only. They may NOT be distributed to others, including your fellow students (without prior authorization of your instructor), in any way, nor posted on the internet or sold.
- You will need to have your own practice hoop, or you can make arrangements to meet me at Temple of Poi at 7:40 PM tuesday to borrow one for the night.
- If you wish to purchase your own hoop, we can make one of a kind custom hoops and can arrange to purchase one (though it won’t be completed before this evening’s session).
- Join our mailing list here and keep up to date on classes, events, performances, jams as well as articles and videos to support your learning.
- Enjoy free lessons at YouTube.com/GlitterGirlPoi.
- Want to teach a friend how to poi? Pass it on — they can get a free download of our 20 minute corkscrew lesson here at GotFireDancing.com.
- Invest in your own video library through our paid for videos in our Beginner Poi Video Lesson Library, Beginner Poi 5.5 Hour Video Course, Intermediate Courses, and Individual Lessons.
Tuition is one of the following:
- $40 cash at the door per night drop-in if space allows or
- $35 on line in advance, paid with the non refundable payment link below.
This series only!
Provide your $35 tuition (non refundable) to register now!