What are Modest Monday classes?
Unlike regular classes at Temple of Poi, these classes are designed with sliding scale pricing for artists who are struggling to get quality education at below market rates in our ever expensive but beloved San Francisco. We ask that students who can afford to, pay full price ($30) or join with the Small Business Saturday Specials to help subsidize those students who can’t afford as much. Classes meet 80 minute per sessions and will run like normal mixed level intermediate classes where the material will be taught to multiple levels concurrently in the classroom.
This fall we will offer 6 sessions in the Model Monday series.
- January 25: Tangles (orbital, airwrap, hyperloops and variants)
- February 1: Plane Breaking
- February 22: Stalls
Previews of these moves will be found in the videos for this Transition Flair class series.
As a reminder, this and all classes at Temple of Poi are taught with the Flowology Mindset practiced rigorously.
- Students are welcome to bring a video camera to record sessions for personal use only. They may NOT be distributed to others, including your fellow students (without prior authorization of your instructor), in any way, nor posted on the internet or sold.
- You will need to have your own practice poi, or you can purchase a set from us.
- Practice poi, if you need them, are available for $20 cash
- Join our mailing list here and keep up to date on classes, events, performances, jams as well as articles and videos to support your learning.
- Enjoy free lessons at YouTube.com/GlitterGirlPoi.
- Want to teach a friend how to poi? Pass it on — they can get a free download of our 20 minute corkscrew lesson here at GotFireDancing.com.
- Invest in your own video library through our paid for videos in our Beginner Poi Video Lesson Library, Beginner Poi 5.5 Hour Video Course, Intermediate Courses, and Individual Lessons.
Tuition is sliding scale, $30 to $15 per class. Please use the appropriate button to register below. Students who have not preregistered will be admitted to class on a first come first served basis.
All payments are non refundable.
|January 25: Tangles||$30|
|February 1: Plane Breaking||$30|
|February 22: Stalls||$30|
|Whole Series (3 classes)||$30 each ($90)
$25 each ($75)