Looking to level up your poi skills this Fall? Join Temple of Poi for the 2015 Fall Poi Intermediate / Advanced Boot Camp.
At the beginning of each session, we will assess where students are at, suggest different possible content and based on the feedback of the students present that night, we will co-create a fun learning experience where everyone grows their skills.
- Space is limited so students are encouraged to sign up for the series rather than drop in.
- We are looking for a committed group of practitioners who wish to study throughout the Fall and work on the concepts described herein.
- This program covers the tuition for 12 regular intermediate group classes being held Tuesdays between September 15 and December 15, 2015 plus 6 Modest Monday classes being held Mondays between September 14 and December 14, 2015 and one private 30 minute session to be redeemed on or before January 15, 2016.
- Tuition is reduced from the regular rate of $510 total ($360 for the tuesday sessions, $75 for the modest mondays and $75 for the private) for the 30 minute private and all 18 sessions to $320 paid in 4 payments of $80 (deposit below, remaining payments due in cash) on or before the 15th of January, February, March and April.
- Note: All payments are due for package discounts even if student does not attend the classes!
Tuesday Series Classes:
- September 15, 22, 29 & October 6: Flowers
- October 13, 20, 27 and November 3: Poi Turns
- November 10, 17, December 1 & 15: Combo Concepts & Creation
- September 21: Stalls
- September 28: Tangles
- October 5: Tosses
- October 19: Under the Leg
- November 16: Combos
- December 14: The Kitchen Sink (Floats, plane breaking, taps, wraps)
As always, at Temple of Poi we customize the material based on the students attending and work each student to their edge to the best of our ability. Your job is to show up and learn what you can rather than try to learn everything being presented, as we intentionally present more material than the student can achieve in the sessions to help keep their practice moving forward.
All sessions meet at Lines Ballet (26 7th Street, 5th Floor, San Francisco, CA, USA). Monday session are held in Studio 4. Tuesdays session location TBA. All sessions are 8-9:20 officially, though we sometimes run till 9:30,
Please note: while the class topic is specific, the content is always based on the attendees in the class so every class is unique. All sessions are designed to be repeated as each session covers different content, expanding comprehension for students.
Full Program: By clicking this link you agree to make 4 payments of $100 regardless of your attendance at each of the 18 sessions and private session. The first payment may be made using the first link below on or before September 15, 2015 or in cash. The additional 3 payments are due in cash directly to GlitterGirl, Nova or through the mail slot at Temple of Poi by 10/15/15, 11/15/15 and 12/15/15. This payment is non refundable.
Full program, early bird: If you can afford to pay the full tuition, we request you leave these spots open to lower income students. Early bird has the same terms listed above except $90 per month instead of $100. Use the button below!
Tuesday Only: By clicking this link you agree to make 4 payments of $80 regardless of your attendance at each of the 12 sessions plus the half our private. The first payment may be made using this link on or before September 15, 2015. The additional 3 payments are due in cash directly to GlitterGirl or through the mail slot at Temple of Poi by the 10/15/15, 11/15/15 and 12/15/15. This payment is non refundable.
- Students are encouraged to bring a video camera to record during the note taking portion of each class to create video notes for personal use only. They may NOT be distributed to others, including your fellow students (without prior authorization of your instructor), in any way, nor posted on the internet nor sold.
- You will need to have your own practice poi, or you can purchase a set from us.
- Practice poi, if you need them, are available for $40 cash made by GlitterNova.
- Join our mailing list here and keep up to date on classes, events, performances, jams as well as articles and videos to support your learning.
- Enjoy free lessons at YouTube.com/GlitterGirlPoi.
- Want to teach a friend how to poi? Pass it on — they can get a free download of our 20 minute corkscrew lesson here at GotFireDancing.com.
- Invest in your own video library through our paid for videos in our Beginner Poi Video Lesson Library, Beginner Poi 5.5 Hour Video Course, Intermediate Courses, and Individual Lessons.