Join us for this 4 week series meeting at 8 pm Wednesdays at Lines Ballet, 26 7th Street, 5th Floor, studio 2. Class meets June 3, 10, 17 & 24. Tuition is $120 for the full series or $30 drop in per class, one intermediate credit in the beginner boot camp package or as part of the 2015 Summer Intermediate Poi Boot Camp.
This is a mixed level class for those looking to level up their transitions and explore new ways of moving. Topics will include:
- Under the leg
- Plane breaking
- and more!
This class is loads of fun and is highly recommended for intermediate and advanced students who want to take their skills to the next level.
NOTE: this class will require poi suitable for tossing and, if students wish to work on orbitals, with swivels as well. We recommend these LED poi for those who don’t have them already as they allow for tosses and can be used for light shows as well and are all kinds of fun. Be sure to select the knob option when ordering, or, if you own the poi already, simply order the knobs separately.
This class will be held in a huge studio with high ceilings. The series is a mixed level class where we will start with a basic concept and continue to build on it throughout each class and the series overall. Students are invited to take the class at their own pace and we adjust the material to accommodate each student’s needs. This series will continue to expand on the concepts by working with turns and combinations that integrate the recently acquired transitions. Remember, each class will have material for all levels and will build so students can pick up move and combinations at their own pace. It is recommended that students:
- be able to do independent hand stalls
- can balance on one leg while lifting the other
- wear loose fitting cloths
- prepare to be active, agile and do core movements
As a reminder, this and all classes at Temple of Poi are taught with the Flowology Mindset practiced rigorously.
The following video provides a small set of examples of the type of material we will cover.
- Students are welcome to bring a video camera to record sessions for personal use only. They may NOT be distributed to others, including your fellow students (without prior authorization of your instructor), in any way, nor posted on the internet or sold.
- You will need to have your own practice poi, or you can purchase a set from us.
- Practice poi, if you need them, are available for $20 cash
- Join our mailing list here and keep up to date on classes, events, performances, jams as well as articles and videos to support your learning.
- Enjoy free lessons at YouTube.com/GlitterGirlPoi.
- Want to teach a friend how to poi? Pass it on — they can get a free download of our 20 minute corkscrew lesson here at GotFireDancing.com.
- Invest in your own video library through our paid for videos in our Beginner Poi Video Lesson Library, Beginner Poi 5.5 Hour Video Course, Intermediate Courses, and Individual Lessons.
Tuition is one of the following:
- $120 for the full series guaranteed with your 50% deposit using registration link below or
- $30 cash at the door per night drop-in if space allows or
- 1 intermediate credit on the beginner boot camp package for each night attended or
- best value: pay $18.94 a session when you join the Summer 2015 Intermediate/Advanced Poi Boot Camp
This series only!
Provide your $60 tuition (non refundable but transferrable with 8 days notice) to register now!
Full Program: By clicking this link you agree to make 4 payments of $100 regardless of your attendance at each of the 19 sessions. The first payment may be made using this link below on or before May 4, 2014 or in cash. The additional 3 payments are due in cash directly to GlitterGirl or through the mail slot at Temple of Poi by 6/15/15, 7/15/15 and 8/15/15. This payment is non refundable.
Punch Card: By clicking this link you agree to make 4 payments of $50 regardless of your attendance at each of the 10 session. The first payment may be made using this link on or before May 4, 2015. The additional 3 payments are due in cash directly to GlitterGirl or through the mail slot at Temple of Poi by the 6/15/15, 7/15/15 and 8/15/15. This payment is non refundable.
Some scholarships available, though students seeking scholarship are strongly encouraged to consider our 2015 Summer Intermediate/Advanced Poi Boot Camp as that is our scholarship rate. Please inquire with GlitterGirl directly (GlitterGirl <that fancy little at symbol> TempleOfPoi <daaaaaaauuuuuught> com) for details.