Anyone who tells you size doesn’t matter hasn’t considered the many contexts in which is absolutely does, and performance is undeniably one of them! If you haven’t studied the 7 Layer Dip much, you may not be familiar with our theory of why size is important but if you have, this course will be a great way to expand your reach as an artist.
Join us for this 2 week series meeting at 8 pm Mondays at Lines Ballet (26 7th Street, 5th floor, studio 4). Class meets May 4 and 11, 2015. Tuition is one of the following:
- $60 for the full series guaranteed with your registration below or
- $30 cash at the door per night drop-in if space allows or
- 1 intermediate credit on the beginner boot camp package for each night attended or
- best value: pay $18.94 a session when you join the Summer 2015 Intermediate/Advanced Poi Boot Camp
Some scholarships available, though students seeking scholarship are strongly encouraged to consider our 2015 Summer Intermediate/Advanced Poi Boot Camp as that is our scholarship rate. Please inquire with GlitterGirl directly (GlitterGirl <that fancy little at symbol> TempleOfPoi <daaaaaaauuuuuught> com) for details. This is a mixed level class covering short poi movements on the inside plane horizontally and vertically, as well as long arm movements including lots of variations on:
- buzzsaws – same and opposite direction, plane shifting, with stalls and taps
- corkscrews – including the inside plane 4 beat in same direction
- giant – in same and opposite direction
- giant swivels – in same and opposite directions
- buzz saw fountains – same and opposite direction with extensions and without
- and more!
This class is loads of fun and is highly recommended for advanced beginner and intermediate students who want to take their skills to the next level and add some fun combinations perfect for practice at indoor tight spaces. This is the first of the classes in the 2015 Summer Poi Intermediate/Advanced Boot Camp. This class will be held in a huge studio with high ceilings. The series is a mixed level class where we will start with a basic concept and continue to build on it throughout each class and the series overall. Students are invited to take the class at their own pace and we adjust the material to accommodate each student’s needs. This series will continue to expand on the concepts by working with turns and combinations that integrate the recently acquired moves. As a reminder, this and all classes at Temple of Poi are taught with the Flowology Mindset practiced rigorously.
- Students are welcome to bring a video camera to record sessions for personal use only. They may NOT be distributed to others, including your fellow students (without prior authorization of your instructor), in any way, nor posted on the internet or sold.
- You will need to have your own practice poi, or you can purchase a set from us.
- Practice poi, if you need them, are available for $20 cash
- Join our mailing list here and keep up to date on classes, events, performances, jams as well as articles and videos to support your learning.
- Enjoy free lessons at YouTube.com/GlitterGirlPoi.
- Want to teach a friend how to poi? Pass it on — they can get a free download of our 20 minute corkscrew lesson here at GotFireDancing.com.
- Invest in your own video library through our paid for videos in our Beginner Poi Video Lesson Library, Beginner Poi 5.5 Hour Video Course, Intermediate Courses, and Individual Lessons.