This is an invitation to perform (unpaid) at the 2015 nExpo, a showcase of dance performance using an array of LED and light free (non fire) tools. We’re currently seeking volunteers interested in participating in the show. The show will happen in Justin Herman Plaza on Saturday, April 25, 2015 in the early part of National Dance Week. This year GlitterGirl will be offering free instruction from 7:45 to 8:15 pm and there will be a casual performance after. The event will be more like a flash mob than the shows in Union Square of years past.
To be added to the lineup, please follow these 2 steps:
- fill out the form at the bottom of this page. Be sure the video you uploaded and indicated in the form is an actual link to something that someone other than you can view — check after you have logged of YouTube on your browser to ensure the link works as expected
- show up for the 8:15 PM call time on April 25 with everything you need for your performance. This should include your music on a device we can plug into a headphone jack (that will connect to the sound device we have). We will publish a show order prior to the show after the order has been set.
- Unless discussed with GlitterGirl directly, acts are expected to be about 2 minutes to accommodate a large array of artists and keep the show interesting.
- Artists wishing longer will also need to include a link to an existing 3 minute or longer performance in front of a live audience (with live soundtrack) from a more or less downstage perspective (not side stage) if they want more than 2 minutes. Short acts keep the show moving and interesting.
- Applications are due by 5 PM Pacific Monday, April 20, 2015.
- Applicants need to provide their:
- phone number
- link to act for this show
- if asking for more time, additional link to previous live performance
We will publish the show order by April 23, 2015. Please note, this showcase is part of a night of flow fun in the plaza. We will be running a flow jam from 7-8:30, the showcase at 8:30 pm followed by and LED flow jam after the show is over.