As we continue to celebrate our 13 year anniversary at Temple of Poi, here’s a look at 13 of the most popular (highest read count) articles we’ve released so far.
- Coming in first is the recently released hit, The 6 Most Dangerous Ingredients of Fire Performance. This particular article focuses more on mindset than it does on safety protocols.
- Next up is an article designed to help you discern who is and isn’t ready to work with the flames, yourself included, with these 5 Criteria to Help You Decide if Someone is Ready To Spin Fire.
- In keeping with our prevention theme, the third article in the list is about Why Safety Matters and offers not only reasons you may care, but also offers some ways to help keep yourself safe.
- Stepping away from safety and moving into the area of performance, this article gives some no nonsense business advice to those people who keep wondering, Why is that Girl with Tits Getting Gigs & I’m not?
- Also geared toward the professional performer, this article offers solid coaching to artists by examining the recent Oprah/Revolva incident and breaking down 9 Lessons Artis-preneurs Can Learn from Oprah & Revolva.
- Also for performers is this hand article with tips and tricks for artists, offering 10 Do’s & Don’ts for Creating a Fantastic Fire Costume.
- Moving back to fire safety, if you are working with folks who are still a bit hesitant with the fire, consider this article which offers 7 Reasons Fire Dancers Benefit From Running Hands Through the Fire.
- If you’re struggling with local artists who are failing to use safety protocols or using protocols that you think make you and others in our industry look bad, this article is for you: Unsafe Fire Performers Hindering My Gigs: What do I do?
- If you’re working on your first piece of choreography, here’s an article that may be just right for you as it articulates The First 10 Steps to Choreographing a Performance.
- Looking to turn professional as a fire dancing artist but wondering exactly what you need to do? Aside from our handy free video series geared toward new performers, here’s an easy to read article, First 5 Things to Do as a Pro Flow Performer.
- Looking for choreography a piece? Here’s an article on Fire Dancing Choreography 101.
- Do you perform professionally? Looking to start? Trying to figure out your rate? This article is for you! Pricing a Performance: 14 Things to Consider When Setting Your Rate.
- Finally, the most recent addition to the list for all you poi performers out there, 10 Fire Poi Performance Moves that Make Non-Spinners Applaud.
If these articles didn’t strike your fancy, no worries — peruse our Article archive and look at anyone of the other 100+ posts there. If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, email GlitterGirl or comment on this post with your question/article request and she’ll work on adding it to the blog.