Rub your head while you pat your belly is the name of the game in this series where your hands will be working in different rhythms often. This means in the same interval of time, each poi will do a different number of revolutions.
We’ll work on adding 2×1 patterns to the following moves:
- thread the needle
- and combinations
This will get you started with the concept and will prepare you for some polythrythmic (and non) C-CAP patterns, a sneak peak of which you can take in this, 57 C-CAPs for Beginners. Watch this video for a preview of the course and the fire teasers after.
This is a series and some material will build from week to week. Please check with GlitterGirl if you wish to drop in to classes 3 or 4 without prior attendance. This session will run 8 pm Wednesdays February 18, 25, March 4 and 11 at Lines Ballet (26 7th Street, 5th floor, studio 2). Tuition is one of the following:
- $30 cash at the door per night drop-in if space allows or
- 1 intermediate credit on the beginner boot camp package for each night attended or
- $100 total for all 4 classes in the series
- best value: pay $16.34 a session when you join the Spring 2015 Intermediate/Advanced Poi Boot Camp
Reserve my spot!
Provide your $30 deposit (non refundable but transferrable with 8 days notice) to reserve your spot for part of the series. Balance due for additional sessions ($30 each) at the door each night in cash, exact change preferred.
Register for this series starting March 18, 2015 and pay $25 for the class, $100 total.
By clicking this link you agree to make 4 payments of $80 regardless of your attendance at each session. The first payment may be made using this link on or before January 15, 2015. The additional 3 payments are due in cash directly to GlitterGirl or through the mail slot at Temple of Poi by the 2/15/15, 3/15/15 and 4/15/15. This payment is non refundable.
Some scholarships available, though students seeking scholarship are strongly encouraged to consider our Spring 2015 Intermediate/Advanced Boot Camp Program as that is below our scholarship rate. Please inquire with GlitterGirl directly (GlitterGirl <that fancy little at symbol> TempleOfPoi <daaaaaaauuuuuught> com) for details.
This class is loads of fun and is highly recommended for advanced beginner through advanced students who want to add more depth to their opposite direction skills and add some fun combinations to their repertoire.
As a reminder, this and all classes at Temple of Poi are taught with the Flowology Mindset practiced rigorously.
- Students are encouraged to bring a video camera to record during the note taking portion of each class to create video notes for personal use only. They may NOT be distributed to others, including your fellow students (without prior authorization of your instructor), in any way, nor posted on the internet nor sold.
- You will need to have your own practice poi, or you can purchase a set from us.
- Practice poi, if you need them, are available for $40 cash made by GlitterNova.
- Join our mailing list here and keep up to date on classes, events, performances, jams as well as articles and videos to support your learning.
- Enjoy free lessons at YouTube.com/GlitterGirlPoi.
- Want to teach a friend how to poi? Pass it on — they can get a free download of our 20 minute corkscrew lesson here at GotFireDancing.com.
- Invest in your own video library through our paid for videos in our Beginner Poi Video Lesson Library, Beginner Poi 5.5 Hour Video Course, Intermediate Courses, and Individual Lessons.