Want to feel more freedom with your movements on the dance floor while twirling your poi? Looking for more flow between moves? Need to integrate recently acquired skills into performance flow with moves in your comfort zone? Then join us for two nights this trimester where you can explore creating something unique.
Each student brings 6+ moves or combinations to the class and GlitterGirl will then put the moves together into a flow that’s unique to those moves in that class. Students should bring 3 beginner moves that are easy for them to execute and 3 intermediate moves that are easy for them to execute. It’s good to have a selection as we try to use moves that most people in the room know. The point of this class is not to learn moves but to learn how to flow between moves more effectively while learning new transitions between things you love and other moves you maybe use less.
The combination will be created on the fly based on student suggestions. Students with more advanced moves will be presented with alternate combo modifications in which to use their moves. GlitterGirl will then teach the combination. Generally, we complete 2 combinations that can then be strung together to form a flow that lasts between 60-90 seconds, depending on the tempo and number of repetitions per move.
Each class is independent so students may easily drop in on any session.
Note: Be prepared to execute at least 6 or more moves you’d like to add to a combination. Even if you can’t name the move, if you can demonstrate it, we can consider using it in the flow.
This session will run 8 pm Wednesday, April 22 and the other class in the series will be Monday March 16, at Lines Ballet (26 7th Street, 5th floor, studio 2). Tuition is one of the following:
- $30 cash at the door per night drop-in if space allows or
- 1 intermediate credit on the beginner boot camp package for each night attended or
- best value: pay $16.34 a session when you join the Spring 2015 Intermediate/Advanced Poi Boot Camp
This class only!
Provide your $30 tuition (non refundable but transferrable with 8 days notice) to register now!
Register for this class with the March 16, 2015 Funky foot Flow Class and pay $25 for the class, $50 total.
By clicking this link you agree to make 4 payments of $80 regardless of your attendance at each session. The first payment may be made using this link on or before January 15, 2015. The additional 3 payments are due in cash directly to GlitterGirl or through the mail slot at Temple of Poi by the 2/15/15, 3/15/15 and 4/15/15. This payment is non refundable.
Here’s an example of a short flow created through a session like this.
Some scholarships available, though students seeking scholarship are strongly encouraged to consider our Spring 2015 Intermediate/Advanced Boot Camp Program as that is below our scholarship rate. Please inquire with GlitterGirl directly (GlitterGirl <that fancy little at symbol> TempleOfPoi <daaaaaaauuuuuught> com) for details.
This class is loads of fun and is highly recommended for advanced beginner and intermediate students who want to take their skills to the next level and add some fun combinations to their repertoire.
As a reminder, this and all classes at Temple of Poi are taught with the Flowology Mindset practiced rigorously.
- Students are encouraged to bring a video camera to record during the note taking portion of each class to create video notes for personal use only. They may NOT be distributed to others, including your fellow students (without prior authorization of your instructor), in any way, nor posted on the internet nor sold.
- You will need to have your own practice poi, or you can purchase a set from us.
- Practice poi, if you need them, are available for $40 cash made by GlitterNova.
- Join our mailing list here and keep up to date on classes, events, performances, jams as well as articles and videos to support your learning.
- Enjoy free lessons at YouTube.com/GlitterGirlPoi.
- Want to teach a friend how to poi? Pass it on — they can get a free download of our 20 minute corkscrew lesson here at GotFireDancing.com.
- Invest in your own video library through our paid for videos in our Beginner Poi Video Lesson Library, Beginner Poi 5.5 Hour Video Course, Intermediate Courses, and Individual Lessons.