Want to level up your poi skills with one of the most prolific and never ending opportunities for growth, fun, poi geekery? Looking to expand your repertoire? We have just the remedy!
Join us for this 4 week series meeting at 8 pm Wednesdays at Lines Ballet (26, 7th Street, 5th floor, studio 2, San Francisco). Class meets October 22, 29, November 5 and 12.
Tuition is one of the following:
- $120 for the full series guaranteed with your registration below or
- $30 cash at the door per night drop-in if space allows or
- 1 intermediate credit on the beginner boot camp package for each night attended or
- best value: pay $18.82 a session when you join the Fall 2014 Poi Intermediate Boot Camp
Some scholarships available, though students seeking scholarship are strongly encouraged to consider our Fall 2014 Intermediate Boot Camp Program as that is below our scholarship rate. Please inquire with GlitterGirl directly (GlitterGirl <that fancy little at symbol> TempleOfPoi <daaaaaaauuuuuught> com) for details.
This is a mixed level class for both those new to flowers, antispin, wall plane and lockouts as well as those who are interested in expanding their repertoire in this arena.
For the neophytes, this 4 week series introduces artists to concepts that will expand the artist’s repertoire for months, if not years. This course begins with the basic concepts of flowers — side and front planes — and continues building on variations on this theme, tying together the flowers, barrel rolls and lockouts (using spin and antispin as appropriate) with buzzsaw fountains, wall plane weaves and combinations to integrate the moves into your practice.
For those who are already indoctrinated into the world of flowers, we will work on more advanced flowers integrating antispin into the repertoire, focusing on goofy flowers, hybrids, CAPS, swivels and other patterns to expand on basic flower, antispin and wall plane concepts.
This class is loads of fun and is highly recommended for intermediate and advanced students who want to take their skills to the next level.
This class will be held in a huge studio with high ceilings. The series is a mixed level class where we will start with a basic concept and continue to build on it throughout each class and the series overall. Students are invited to take the class at their own pace and we adjust the material to accommodate each student’s needs. This series will continue to expand on the concepts by working with turns and combinations that integrate the recently acquired moves.
As a reminder, this and all classes at Temple of Poi are taught with the Flowology Mindset practiced rigorously.
Explore the content of these classes through the videos below which provide an understanding of the content covered in classes:
- Wall Planes
The following video provides some examples of beginner patterns taught in these sessions:
More advanced students will explore concepts that build in the fundamentals distinguished in the beginner curriculum. This video provides additional examples of some of the intermediate concepts. Please note, we endeavor to empower the students through a combination of theoretical and practical knowledge. Each class is different with us meeting the students where they are at because we teach material based on who is in attendance rather than being overly confined by a rigid curriculum that doesn’t meld to the moment.
- Students are welcome to bring a video camera to record sessions for personal use only. They may NOT be distributed to others, including your fellow students (without prior authorization of your instructor), in any way, nor posted on the internet or sold.
- You will need to have your own practice poi, or you can purchase a set from us.
- Practice poi, if you need them, are available for $30 cash
- Join our mailing list here and keep up to date on classes, events, performances, jams as well as articles and videos to support your learning.
- Support your learning through free and paid for videos in our Beginner Poi Video Library.