This class is intended for students who have attended some portion of the Beginner Poi Moves series and need to catch up on some of the material. These sessions will be compressed versions of the material taught in class and therefore will not provide the complete material for each session, rather, half the material to make up for each class.
The first night of class, 9 December, will cover material from Classes 3 and 4 in the Beginner Poi Moves series. Class 3 covers sweeps/chasing the sun and class 4 covers corkscrews and pinwheels.
The 16 December class will cover material from Classes 5 and 6 of the Beginner Poi Moves series. Class 5 covers butterflies and variants and class 6 covers the weaves.
Attend a single night for $30 or get a $10 discount when you register for both nights. Use the correct link below and we’ll send you a confirmation email with the class location which will be at Temple of Poi (953 Mission Street, Suite 11) at 8 pm.
If you have limited experience but have not taken our Beginner Poi Moves series, contact GlitterGirl (glittergirl [at] templeofpoi [daught] com) to set up your free assessment to see where you fit in our curriculum. Each of the classes meets for 80 minutes, one time per week.
- Time/Dates: 8:00 – 9:20 PM: 12/9 and 12/16
- Location: TBA – either Temple of Poi, 953 Mission Street, Suite 11, between 5th and 6th on Mission, San Francisco, CA, USA or Lines Ballet, 26 7th Street, 5th Floor, studio 4
Please note, though we generally teach in both directions, since this class is a compressed lesson, moves will only be taught in one direction. We will teach the direction that the fewest students know to maximize everyone’s value. To assist your learning process, you can purchase our computer based training material. For those who know they are committed to a poi practice and have joined the Temple of Poi Beginner Poi Boot Camp program each night counts as one credit on the boot camp or two credits for both.
- Students are welcome to bring a video camera to record sessions for personal use only. They may NOT be distributed to others, including your fellow students, in any way, nor posted on the internet or sold.
- You will need to have your own practice poi, or you can purchase a set from us.
- Tuition for this class is $30 per night or $50 for both when you sign up in advance here.
- Join our mailing list here and keep up to date on classes, events, performances, jams as well as articles and videos to support your learning.
- Support your learning through free and paid for videos in our Beginner Poi Video Library.
Register here with your non refundable tuition. Also bring cash if you wish to purchase poi ($30).
December 9, 2013: Class 3 (Sweeps/chasing the sun) & Class 4 (pinwheel & corkscrew) makeup
December 16, 2013: Class 5 (Butterfly and variants) & Class 6 (weaves) makeup